Apple and almond cake (sugar free, dairy free, gluten free)
50 GR. COCONUT OIL
50 GR. XYLITOL
50 GR. ORGANIC SOYA FLOUR
1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER
50 GR. GROUND ALMONDS
50 GR. FLAKED ALMONDS, PLUS 1 TBSP FOR SPRINKLING
150 GR. APPLES, UNPEELED AND DICED
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 10 cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. Mix the coconut oil and xylitol together in a bowl until soft and smooth.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and ground almonds until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the 50 gr flaked almonds and the apples, then stir in the eggs, without beating them.
5. Spoon into the cake tin and sprinkle the rest of the flaked almond on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden.
6. Remove from the oven and cover the top with a sheet of foil, then return to the oven for a further 20 minutes. Insert a skewer into the centre, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.